Victory of Faith Deluxe Remastered Edition DVD
(Der Sieg des Glaubens)
Leni Riefenstahl's Lost Film of the
1933 Nazi Party Rally in Nuremberg
Considered lost for nearly seventy years, Leni Riefenstahl’s Victory of Faith is again available to viewing audiences. A key work in the evolution of Nazi propaganda, Victory of Faith provides an ambitious record of the 1933 Nazi Party rally at Nuremberg, and a fascinating first draft of the ideas and techniques Riefenstahl would pull off so powerfully in her subsequent Triumph of the Will. The Nazi movement portrayed here is still raw, not far removed from its street-fighter origins; its stagecraft as yet undeveloped. A unique glimpse into the Hitler state at a pivotal stage in its early development, this is essential viewing for students of film, the aesthetics of power, and the Third Reich. Directed by Leni Riefenstahl.
Germany, 1933, B&W, 62 minutes (Plus 13 min. bonus short), German with Optional English or Spanish subtitles.
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
SALES AND DISTRIBUTION PROHIBITED IN GERMANY, FRANCE, ITALY AND AUSTRIA.
- Interactive DVD Slideshow: Historical Background; Making of the Film; Personalities and Locations. (Narrated Autoplay) Written By: David Culbert- John L. Loos Professor of History at Louisiana State University
- Interactive DVD Slideshow: Original Promotional Materials (Illustrierter Film-Kurier Souvenir Program & Die Fanfare) and Media Articles with Interactive English Translations.
- Original Third Reich Photo Book: “NÜRNBERG 1933” on the Reich’s Party Convention.
Digital Audio/Visual Book with English Narration. [13 Minutes]
- Interactive Scene Selection
- Optional English and Spanish Subtitles
- Digitally Restored from Original 35mm Film Elements using daVinci Revival tm Technology.
NTSC Region 0 encoding (Entire World)
Libraries and Institutions Please Note: Educational Editions with PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS and DIGITAL SITE LICENSES are available.