1. JAPANESE OVER CHINA: James R. Young, author of Beyond the Rising Sun, discusses the Japanese and their wartime activities in China. Japanese pilots before and during a bombing raid over China.
2. JAPANESE STEP-UP: Quebec conference of Allied nations at war with Japan. FDR gives a speech in Quebec City (Synchronous sound). Winston Churchill (Synchronous sound) gives a famous speech before the British Parliament pledging unlimited British support against Japan after the defeat of Germany. Lord Mountbatten is given the newly formed Southeast Asia Command at Quebec City. General Chennault speaks about the Japanese War (Synchronous sound).
3. THE BATTLE FOR LAE, NEW GUINEA: The US 5th Air Force bombs Lae, destroying Wewak airfield. A US Liberator crashes. General MacArthur watches from a bomber as American paratroopers jump from a C--53 north of Lae. US paratroopers hack their way through Markham Valley and take Nadzab airfield, linking up with the Australian 9th. US supply planes land and unload supplies at Nadzab airfield.
4. AMERICAN SERVICEMEN ON ICELAND.
5. BATTLE FOR SALAMAUA: Australian forces hack through the New Guinea jungle in their drive toward Salamaua. Australian forces battle Japanese snipers, evacuate the wounded and bury the dead in the jungles of New Guinea. At Moresby, American and Australian supplies and troops are transported to the New Guinea front. Americans and Australians work and fight side by side in New Guinea.
6. TARGET GERMANY: Activities of the 8th Air Force based in England. Twin-engine Marauders on a bombing mission over Germany. Thunderbolt fighters protecting bombers. Damaged American bombers try to get back to their base. Wounded American bomber crews are medically treated.
7. ATTACK ON THE MARSHALLS: US fighters attack Japanese supply ships near the Marshall Islands. Japanese supply ships near the Marshall Islands. Japanese fighters attack American carriers. Ensuing anti-aircraft action. US bombing raids hit Japanese airfields on the Marshall Islands. Navy guns, Air Force bombers and artillery units shell the beaches at Roi and Namur. The 4th Marines hit the beach at Roi and Namur.
USA, 1943, B&W, 45 minutes.
Video Cassette available in NTSC ONLY